Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6 Months


It has been 6 months since I have posted! There is no excuse. Well I have many of them but I will spare you the details. I have a lot of catching up to do.

We celebrated Adler's First of Many Birthdays! Shelby did a great job decorating in a "Farm Animal" theme for him. He loved having all the attention and opening the presents. He wasn't quite sure what to think about getting to make a mess out of his cake, but eventually was a pro at squishing the cake between his fingers. What a Hoot!

Sadie & Stephen have settled into their new home and jobs. April 19th will be here before we know it. It's nice having the kids in Alva. Papa and Nana only have to drive 20 miles one way to see everyone. I hope the kids enjoy this as much as we do?

Adler was a Blue Dragon for Halloween this year. It was funny watching him "waddle" up the sidewalk as if he was going to a Social Event. He was impressed with the idea of people handing him candy. It didn't take him long before he figured out that he could help get the candy for himself.

Terry & I took a roadtrip over to the eastern part of Oklahoma and into Arkansas. Even though it had been so dry this summer, the trees and foliage was still beautiful. We spent two days driving and seeing part of Oklahoma I had never seen. I had so much fun taking lots & lots of pictures. I even got a chance to drive, briefly. Terry took back the wheel when motorists were racing their motors and tailgating us! I don't know why people can't relax. Seriously, what's wrong with going 30 mph???

We had a wonderful time with all of our family through the Holidays. This year at Thanksgiving my side (The White Family) decided to get some family pictures. OH MY! It was a good idea - hectic - but a good idea. There are 25 of us total. I think Mom & Dad's house is shrinking! We were all able to be together which is a blessing in itself. We have always been blessed for the most part of having everyone home for the holidays.

Being so close in distance makes it easy to get together for Christmas too. I've always said " it didn't matter when we get together as long as we get together". As always, it was fun watching Adler with his gifts. This year we were sure he would have a blast opening the gifts. We never counted on the fun he would have climbing, standing and jumping on the presents first!

Adler comes to Nana's house 3-4 times a week. What a Blessing it is. He sure does keep this Nana hopping. Izzy and Adler are good buddies. I'm not sure who gets the best of who anymore. It's funny to watch them run through the house chasing each other. He's getting pretty good at helping. He loves to do the laundry. I let him help me put the clothes into the dryer. He still doesn't understand why Nana won't let him get into the dryer first! So far he thinks it's fun to help pick things up, but just as important to pull everything right back out!

Terry shot a really nice Buck during hunting season this year. I know he was excited, but all he could say was he couldn't wait until Adler was old enough to go with him. Papa doesn't seem to mind that his golfing days have been fewer. He hasn't complained too much about giving up his TV time so that Adler can watch the "Wizard Of Oz" over and over and over...


I'm so glad you stopped into my little world. I plan on keeping up better. Enjoy the pictures at the bottom.


Deo Volente,

No comments:

Post a Comment