Thursday, May 12, 2011

Joy!

We have had a lot of Joy these past couple of months. Sadie is putting the finishing touches on her education. She graduated from NOC last Saturday with 2 Science Assoc. Degrees. Most of the family helped her celebrate her big day. She will now graduate July 28 from Autry Tech getting her Radiography. She has been putting in quite a few hours at Bass Hospital in Enid and Share Hospital in Alva. When she works at Alva, it gives her an opportunity to spend time with Jared, Shelby and Adler. Terry and I are so proud of her. Sadie had some puddles to jump but she's a hard worker. Terry and I are so proud of her accomplishments. Let the celebrating begin!
Terry stays busy with work and helping me around the house and kennel. He LOVES being a PaPa. Now that the weather is getting nice, he's managed to get in some golfing. Shocker!
I am still going to OKC to see Dr. Rogers. I was a bit "cranky" last trip. I hope he will continue to see me.
The medicine I take causes a little trouble with brightness and motion but it seems to be getting more tolerable.
Easter was good. The weather wasn't very nice but it was good to get together and Easter Services are always a nice reminder of how blessed we are.
May is such a busy month; Terry and I will celebrate 30 Years on the 20th, YEPEE! Dad, Shelby, and Sadie each have a Birthday, and Mother's Day. Whew!
Now, Mr. Adler... is growing so fast. I can't believe how much he changes. I know I sound like a scratched record, but I enjoy keeping him so much. He sure gives this GMa a good pick-me-up. His little personality sure shows thru those big blue eyes. Adler is such a creature of habit. He is pretty much a schedule keeper. In order for the kids to keep somewhat of a routine, I also try to mimic the same schedule or ways that Shelby does things. However, when it comes to feeding time, well let me just say, NOT! This is the one and might I say only time Mr. Adler and GMa Do Battle! Now I'm not saying that I haven't tried to do feed Adler at the same time and exactly what he should eat. No, the confrontation begins with the HOW. You can see this little glimmer appear in this little boy's eyes and here we go. For a month or so, even though he is only a baby, there is pure enjoyment that comes over Adler when I try to feed him his baby food. I have "restrained and threatened" him within an inch of his tiny little body. Now don't get me wrong, Adler and GMa manage to get this feat accomplished but not before I am completely exhausted mentally. Shelby keeps telling me that I am not firm enough. HA! My oh so cute, irresistible, can't help but love grandson is whipping this GMa's backside.
Izzy loves Adler so much. Bless her heart, she wants to play with him. Her feelings are crushed when she brings all of her toys to him and then gets into trouble when when make her take them back. Just a few more months and the playing will never end. Izzy also understands the pressure that builds during eating time. The minute Adler gets into the highchair, Izzy runs for cover and stays in her bed until it's over.
My journal is a daily tool to better my life. Making a daily choice to strengthen myself inwardly, is a "Begin Again" gift from God.
As always, check out the pictures below and I hope you enjoy!
~DEO VOLENTE~
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment