Monday, September 10, 2012

Sept. 10, 2012

OK!  It's now the first part of September, and fall is on it's way.  I enjoy the fall weather, the most of the seasons.  Where to begin;  May is a month of celebration in our family.  It also started another chapter in my life.  I closed the doors to my kennel and placed all of my dogs in new homes.  Terry and I had been talking about making the transition for the past year with my health and all the "garbage" of rules and fees that OK came up with, it was time to make a decision.  I was very fortunate and the timing could not have been any better.  I was able to place my dogs with 3 well-know breeders, two of which I know well, and felt very comfortable letting go of them all.  I haven't missed the work part of it but still have some trouble with the being unemployed status!  I do however, love my time with Mr. Adler and hopefully will be having more little feet running around Nana's in the future.  June and July were busy for Terry and the weather definitely got HOTTER!  August  brought Shelby and Jared's 4th Anniversary and the 17th we participated in a "John Deere" 2nd Birthday party for Adler.  I have never seen so many Green farm equipment in one room! Papa and Nana got him a Sandbox and he loved it.  He goes out and just lays down in the sand.  He rubs sand all over himself.  He had a blast!  I think it could be recorded in the history books that Adler is one of the few 2 year old that has 11 living Grandparents.  9 of them were able to be at the party.We took him fishing on a Sunday afternoon while Shelby and Jared were working.  Jared had already taken him and they played with his fishing pole at home, so he was a pro from the get-go.  I don't know who had more fun, Adler or us but the look on his face when Papa caught the first fish was priceless.  He wiggled all over with excitement.  From that moment on he wasn't too interested in holding the pole until he saw the fish on the end, then he was reaching telling us that "he could do it"!  It was a great afternoon even if I never even got a bite!  Adler's new enjoyment is the golf cart.  That boy could ride around all day long if Nana's back would permit it.  He sits perfectly still and waves at everyone we see.  This Nana can tell you every bump and crack in this town.  Little boy's brains are soooo different from little girls.  His love for tractors, trucks and cars kicked into over-drive around a month ago.  I've never seen anything like it.  Don't even get me started on his LOVE 4 DIRT!  He's like a magnet when we go outside. Terry and I took a long overdue trip to Colorado Springs at the end of August to finally see Kent and Brenda McMahan's home.  What a beautiful place!  They were wonderful hostess' and I even got a Hug! out of Kent before leaving.  He didn't offer but I really didn't ask!  The weather couldn't have been any nicer and we saw some really nice places.  Once again, the Holidays are creeping up on us.  Get It?  Creeping - Halloween, ok, moving on.Why is it, the older I get, the slower I move, but everything else go by so fast.  I take more vitamins, sleep more hours and still can't keep up.  Hmmm... I was introduced to "Pinterest" a few months back, let me just say, Wow!  What a genius concept.  You can find anything and everything on this website.  It is the best thing ever-for occupying your time!!!  It's the source of all sources for searching the Internet.  I have been tinkering with different projects and recipes that I have found (My Treasures) and have started a group, of ladies (men are welcome), that meet once a month to share ideas and show things we each have discovered or accomplished off of Pinterest. It's been fun and gets me out of the house.  Mother talked me into entering some things in the County Fair last week.  I'm  proud to say, I took the "BEST IN SHOW" on a collage I made of our Grandparents.  WhooHoo!  In addition, I got 3 First place and 2 Second place ribbons on other craft items. You would have thought I had won the Lottery or a new car.  I'm not sure, but I might get enough with my winnings to buy Adler a few more HotRod cars.   I have started back into scrapbooking again.  I hope to keep energized this time and get a lot of pictures done.  Cross your fingers for me.    I will put up some more pictures at the bottom and will write again soon.

Deo Volente,
Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment